We’re really pleased to announce the release of the first console patch for Mantis Burn Racing® which brings some great new features, numerous bug fixes and general improvements to the overall game, which we hope you’ll enjoy!
We’ve received some really valuable feedback since we launched back in October and we’ll continue to listen and work on further improvements over the coming weeks and months. We want to encourage and support the multiplayer community, so we’re really pleased that today’s update brings some notable improvements including a new Lobby system that we hope helps bring players together online, we’ve also added the ability to race online with AI drivers as well as enhancing online stability, overall. For players requesting single-screen multiplayer, we’ve added a new ‘Spotlight’ event which pits players in a battle to remain within the spotlight and be the final racer standing!
Right now the patch is available for PlayStation®4 and Steam with the Xbox One patch coming soon!
We have a lot planned for the game – we’re working on further improvements and new content right now, so thanks for playing and be sure to follow us on Twitter @VooFoo for all our news and updates.
PS4 Patch 1.02 is available now and is a 316MB download – here are the patch notes in full:
• New ‘Spotlight’ event added – Play single-screen multiplayer in a battle to remain within the spotlight and be the final racer standing!
• AI drivers can now be selected to fill the grid of online races
• Extensive online stability improvements
• Improved online lobby structure to allow players to race against AI while their lobby fills with human opponents
• PlayStation Activity feeds added
• ‘Punching above your weight’, ‘The bigger they are’ and ‘I’ll bring it back without a scratch’ trophies now never blocked from being unlocked
• New ‘Far’ camera option
• Players XP level now displayed in online lobbies
• Gear reward summary now shown post-race
• Online leader board now shown post-race
• Improved car-to-car collision physics
• Mechanic tutorials added for Overtake and Hotlap events as well as x2 upgrades
• Boost colour now shown dynamically in the garage
• Improved vehicle stat bar calculation
• Option to permanently show players online IDs above their vehicle
• Ability to fast switch between career seasons
• Highlighted career events now auto-scroll when joystick held in any direction
• Time bonus for overtaking vehicles in the weekly Overtake challenge
• XP line UI graphic tweaks
• Weekly Challenge distance units now change dynamically with players selection
• Overtake bug fixed that could cause the event to end prematurely
• Improved logic for vehicle overtaking
• Support for high dynamic range (HDR) (PS4 only)
• Frame rate performance enhancements
• AI tweaks
• Audio tweaks
• General bug fixes and polish
• Fixed an issue where certain trophies would be unlocked at the wrong times
• Fixed a potential crash when changing screen resolution.
• Minor cosmetic bug fixes.