VooFoo Studios’ highly anticipated top-down racer out today on PS4, Xbox One and Steam
Birmingham, United Kingdom – 12th October, 2016 – Established UK based indie developer VooFoo Studios is thrilled to announce that their TIGA Award nominated, first self-published game, Mantis Burn Racing®, has today officially launched on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Steam® (for Windows PC). The launch trailer for the game can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JvYmer0cM
Mantis Burn Racing® marks a return to the roots of classic top-down arcade-style racing action with immersive and modern gameplay features that is set to reignite excitement among racing fans once more. Real-world ‘fun’ physics combine with intuitive controls and fast-paced racing with depth and replay-ability provided via an extensive single-player career campaign and RPG-style vehicle upgrades.
“This is a game I’ve wanted to make since I got my first start in the industry with the Amiga classic, Max Rally” Said Mark Williams, Technology Director at VooFoo Studios. “We’ve been overwhelmed by the response from fans who have enthusiastically shared their love of the genre with us and always instantly connect with the fun, modern game play of Mantis Burn Racing, we can’t wait to see you all out on the tracks!”.
Mantis Burn Racing® is one of the most visually stunning and in-depth top-down racing games ever made and racing fans are today invited to take to the tracks in highly competitive 4-player split-screen races and online modes for up to 8 players.
Mantis Burn Racing® Features:
• Compelling Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a comprehensive 7-season career structure.
• Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits.
• Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks with incredible photo-realistic visuals.
• Intuitive, exciting gameplay – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling with intuitive and exciting gameplay where the driving experience takes centre stage.
• RPG-Style Upgrade System – Unlock both visual and performance upgrades for your vehicles using a RPG-style slot system to customise your vehicles’ suspension, gear-box, engine, tyres and boost.
• Challenging Game Modes – Master 8 fun game modes – including Knockout, Accumulator, Overtake and Time Trial – that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
• Weekly Challenges – Race your way to the top of the global leader boards in unique challenges each week for the ultimate in bragging rights.
• Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
• Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
• High Definition Racing – Full native 4K support on PlayStation Pro at 60fps for crystal-clear high definition racing to truly immerse players in the race.
Mantis Burn Racing® is available now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam® (for Windows PC).
Review code requests can be made by contacting the press team below:
Yunus Ibrahim / Tom Sargent
About VooFoo Studios Ltd
VooFoo Studios Ltd is an independent UK based video games development studio, founded in 2007 by a small team of experienced industry professionals. Utilising its own proprietary cutting edge technology, VooFoo’s first game, the critically acclaimed Hustle Kings, was released for PlayStation 3 in 2009, reaching the top of the PSN charts and earning VooFoo nominations for two highly coveted Develop Awards. Building on this early success VooFoo have gone on to develop Hustle Kings on PlayStation Vita, Backgammon Blitz and the acclaimed ‘Pure’ series of games – Pure Chess, Pure Pool and Pure Hold’em – all of which have further established our reputation for developing visually stunning, commercially successful games. VooFoo’s first self-published game, the TIGA Games Industry Awards nominated, Mantis Burn Racing®, is available now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam® (for Windows PC).