We have lots of exciting Mantis Burn Racing® news to share with you! First off, there’s a new game update which is packed with new features, many of which are fan-requested, as well as fixes and general improvements which we hope you’ll welcome.
A couple of things to draw your attention to…
We’ve added a new ‘Time Out’ event which challenges you to be the last player still moving in a race against the clock. Use your driving skills to pass checkpoints to gain time, hit walls or opponents and you’ll incur a time penalty! The race is over when time runs out.
Listening to feedback, as we always try to do, we became aware that many players got to a point in the game where they found they had nothing to spend their cash on, when they’d bought all vehicles and levelled up (albeit, quite far into the game). So, we’ve introduced a new ‘Upgrade Tuning’ feature, which means that now, when a vehicle has all its upgrade slots filled, you can spend money on upgrading them to x multiplier upgrades. The more you upgrade the more expensive it gets. This means you don’t have to grind to get upgrades down your XP line.
Here are the full patch notes:
• New ‘Time Out’ event added. Be the last player still moving in a race against the clock
• New Upgrade Tuning – The player can now ‘Tune’ the upgrades of a fully maxed out vehicle
• Leader boards can now be filtered to show just friends
• Finished or eliminated players can now spectate the conclusion of an event
• Game settings now selectable from the online lobby screen
• Online players now shown as a league table based on points scored
• Players points now shown in local multiplayer as well as online
• Option to ‘Restart’ event now available
• Overhauled in-game audio
• Randomized starting grids for online races
• Frame rate improvements for split screen play on PS4 Pro
• Online lobby improvements
• Tutorial added for Spotlight event
• General performance improvements on PS4 Pro
• Three gear award now displays correctly on a league event post-race screen
• Fix for 00:00:00 lap times on Refinery track
• Fix for an issue with weekly Overtake challenges
• General bug fixes and polish
As ever, we’ll continue to listen to your feedback and we’ll be working on further improvements where possible, so thanks for playing and be sure to keep an eye on the forum or follow us on Twitter @VooFoo for all our news and updates.
Thanks for playing!