VooFoo Studios’ top-down racer gets first major console update – Xbox One patch coming soon
Birmingham, United Kingdom – 17th November, 2016 – UK indie developer and publisher VooFoo Studios is pleased to announce the release of the first major Mantis Burn Racing® patch for the PlayStation®4. The update, which is available now, adds new features including a new ‘Spotlight’ single-screen multiplayer event, makes improvements to the online experience with the introduction of a new Lobby system and the ability to race with AI drivers online, as well as making numerous bug fixes and general enhancements.
“We’re committed to supporting Mantis Burn Racing® long-term and we want to encourage and support the multiplayer community, so we’re really pleased that today’s update brings some notable improvements to the online experience for our players” said Mark Williams, VooFoo Studio’s Technology Director.
Patch 1.02 is available now and is a 316MB download – here are the patch notes in full:
• New ‘Spotlight’ event added – Play single-screen multiplayer in a battle to remain within the spotlight and be the final racer standing!
• AI drivers can now be selected to fill the grid of online races
• Extensive online stability improvements
• Improved online lobby structure to allow players to race against AI while their lobby fills with human opponents
• PlayStation Activity feeds added
• ‘Punching above your weight’, ‘The bigger they are’ and ‘I’ll bring it back without a scratch’ trophies now never blocked from being unlocked
• New ‘Far’ camera option
• Players XP level now displayed in online lobbies
• Gear reward summary now shown post-race
• Online leader board now shown post-race
• Improved car-to-car collision physics
• Mechanic tutorials added for Overtake and Hotlap events as well as x2 upgrades
• Boost colour now shown dynamically in the garage
• Improved vehicle stat bar calculation
• Option to permanently show players online IDs above their vehicle
• Ability to fast switch between career seasons
• Highlighted career events now auto-scroll when joystick held in any direction
• Time bonus for overtaking vehicles in the weekly Overtake challenge
• XP line UI graphic tweaks
• Weekly Challenge distance units now change dynamically with players selection
• Overtake bug fixed that could cause the event to end prematurely
• Improved logic for vehicle overtaking
• Support for high dynamic range (HDR) (PS4)
• Frame rate performance enhancements
• AI tweaks
• Audio tweaks
• General bug fixes and polish
• Fixed an issue where certain trophies would be unlocked at the wrong times
• Fixed a potential crash when changing screen resolution.
• Minor cosmetic bug fixes.
An update for the game has also today been released on Steam® (for Windows PC) with an update coming soon to Xbox One.
For assets and more information visit www.VooFooStudios.com
Yunus Ibrahim / Tom Sargent